Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Running Log: December 14 - 20

Total Miles for the Week: 7

12/14 Ran one mile with Steph and then we walked a bit. We're both a bit gimpy. It was funny. I asked her, How's your ankle and she said, We should run a mile to test it out and 1/4 mile into it, she's like, You're limping. No I'm not. Yes you are. No, I'm not. Ummm, yes you are. And then she did an impression of me limping so okay I was limping. It sucked. I e-mailed Steve and he worked out a x-training plan (swimming) for four days and calisthenics and then said I could re-test the calf on Saturday. Assuming the calf is kosher, I can run 2 miles on Saturday, 4 miles on Monday, 6 on Wednesday etc. If it's not then back to normal then its back to the pool (x-training) and a re-test on Monday.

12/15 Swam, if this is possible, a Barraco mile. I kept losing count of  my laps and going back to the smallest possible number so I know I swam at least a mile. I'm pretty sure after my calf heals up, I'm going to keep one day of swimming. I forgot how much I love swimming. I'm not very good. It took an hour to cover a mile plus I swim like MC Hammer on crack but I felt great when I got out of the pool. I felt dizzy but fresh. And chlorinated.

12/16 Swam 5 x 100m, 600m and then 5 x 100m. I probably swam more but who the fuck cares. I want to increase the middle section without shortening the warm up or warm down. I think after the rehab, when things stabilize again, I'll start pushing the middle distance until it hits a mile.

Worked out in the Park this afternoon. Did 400m of alternating farmer's carry w/ a sandbag and then did 5 sets of: 30 sit ups, 20 bridge to press, 20 good mornings and 20 push ups (I started splitting those with dips and by the 5th set just doing dips, got three PU in for Mama) followed by a 400m sandbag squat style carry out of the park. I kept all pauses at no more than 5 seconds even between sets. I swear I'm not making this up but Search and Destroy was playing on my iPod as I carried the sandbag out of the park.

12/17 Swam 5 x 100m, 600m and then 5 x 100m. Felt like an animal, tired but strong.

12/18 Swam 5 x 100m, 600m and then 5 x 100m. Just tired, real freakin' tired, got a headache breathing, can't remember my name, fell asleep on the crapper tired. I'm definitely glad I strained my calf and I will be adding ONE swim day to my week but I'm glad this is over.

I'm curious to see if I run better tomorrow.

12/19 Ran 6 miles with the Saturday group. It was harder than I thought it would be, never felt like I warmed up. Neil suggested I run the grass since mine was an over-use injury. That hurt. Not that he said it but that it was true, that I passed off the calf pain as something less than it was. I spent the rest of the day limping. I guess its not right. I can't afford the doctor even with insurance. I'm just gonna have to wait it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment