Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Running Log: March 1 - 7

Total Miles for the Week: 26

03/02/10 Ran the 3 mile loop in my neighborhood. I tried to run slow, as this was a welcome back recovery run but it felt soooo good to run fast. I reckon if I let myself do that once every two weeks, it should be alright. If I can stay healthy between now and April 10, I should easily set a PR at the Palace Saloon 5k.

03/03/10 Ran 5 junk miles. I was surprised at how fatigued I was last night. Got more sleep last night and tonight, more of the same. Thinking about going south for a few days to see friends and family. Deeply melancholy.

03/05/10 Ran an easy 3 miles at the Park. I was going to do some body weight stuff but thought better of it being I planned to run 15 miles the next day and I was still recovering from the Thrill in the Hills.

03/06/10 Ran 15 miles at Forest Meadows. It wasn't good. I mean, the running was what I expected. Maybe a little harder and I'm pretty sure I was pushing a Baatan like death march fatigue but the running was about right. It was having to dodge city busses and Mercedes on the trail that kind of sucked ass. Also, the goddman diesel fumes. Thank you rich horse riding assholes. The run was good though.

A note about the week after a big race: Next time I need to respect the level of recovery I'm looking at. I needed a much lighter week than I gave myself. It will be three times worse in May. Respect that.

No comments:

Post a Comment