Monday, December 21, 2009

Running Log: Decemebr 21 - 27

Titak Miles for the Week: 13

12/21 Swam 5 x 100m, 60m and 5 x 100m at lunch. It was hard to warm up but my my first 500 I was ready to go breathing easy. Tried the hip flick on my kick and that was not happening. I need skill sessions for sure. Gonna take Steph up on that one thing she can teach me to improve my speed.

12/22 Did Camp Payne at Wade Wehut Pool. An hour long trip through core isometrics and explosive arm and leg work. It was me and Tristan, the coach, and 3 or 4 curvy 19 to 20 year old girls who I am pretty sure are crushing on Tristan. It turns even 19 to 20 old curvy girls can kick my ass. It was tough and I could definitely see doing it again.

12/23 Ran 5+ with Steph and Jimmy at Forest Meadow on the figure eight loop. I went real slow. It really worked out that I was so wiped from the other day. It made me hold back. Sometimes exhaustion can work for you. I'm pretty sore from the waste down and achy, there's a little bit of calf pain but not much and its sporadic.

12/27 Ran 8 miles in Round Rock where the downhills feel just like uphills and hills are measured in miles. I ran a 1.5 mile hill that nearly broke my back. Coming down on the other side I heard the Devil. Swear to God. The harder I ran, the closer he got until caught me and brought me down like when my Mama died and my legs gave out. It was like they had never held me up a day in their lives. They just buckled under me. And there I lay on the side of wet cold Texas road crying like a baby out the womb for God to bring me to Heaven. Being a runner is a full time preoccupation and hating God takes up more time than that. I got to give one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment