Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Running Log: April 12 -18

Miles for the Week: 28 (109)

04/12/10 Ran 8 miles at the Grenway. I found the trails out past the Interstate. They lead up to Crump Road. It turns out that its 1 mile to the cross over which means its either 3 miles to Crump Road or 4. It was a slog of a run. I felt better going in then half way through. I ran hard the last mile or so but it was the longest warm up of all time. Today my knees hurt like motherfuckers. I think its the shoes I wore at the race, Nike Skylon, but we'll see. I plan to lay off road running for a few weeks and not wear the Nikes for running. I still need to go to Shaw's Athletic and see about something between the Nike's and the Asics. I like the way the Nike hug the pavement but I need more control and cushion.

04/13/10 My knees is sore under patella, feels a little like the knee is bending backwards. Changed from Converse to Creepers.

04/14/10 Ran 5 Miles at Forest Meadow. There was a long warm but but a pretty decent run.

04/15/10 5 miles on the Fern Trail with Steve and Steph. Hard but good. I need more sleep. I need to be putting my lap top away at 9, maybe earlier if I want to get up at 4 or 5.

04/16/10 The knee is feeling good but every now and then I feel it and get nervious.

04/17/10 Ran 10 miles with the whole crew at the Greenway. It was hard but good. My breath was labored. It could be a lack of sleep or exhaustion, both maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment